Webinar – The COVID-19 Vaccine is Here: What’s Next for Employers?
The Food and Drug Administration has granted Emergency Use Authorization for the first COVID-19 vaccine. What does this mean for employers? Please join Parker Thoeni, Lindsey A. White, and Chad Horton for a complimentary webinar on Friday, December 18, 2020 from 12-1 p.m. EST as they answer your questions about the impact of a vaccine on employers, including:
- Is a mandatory vaccination program required for certain employers?
- Is a mandatory vaccination program generally permissible?
- What if employees object to a mandatory vaccination program?
- What does it mean to “strongly recommend” that employees get vaccinated?
- How far can I go to encourage vaccination?
- What if illness or injury result from vaccination of an employee who was required or encouraged to become vaccinated?
- Do employers have a duty to accommodate employees who cannot be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons?
- Are employees entitled to time off if they experience side effects from the vaccine?
- Is time to get vaccinated off-site compensable?
- Now that a vaccine is available, can employers still require masks and other precautions?
- Do unionized employers have bargaining obligations related to vaccination programs?
- Are there other NLRA considerations related to mandatory vaccination policy for non-unionized employers?
Regardless of your intended approach to the COVID-19 vaccine, this webinar will equip you with the relevant legal considerations, so that you are knowledgeable about governmental guidance and potential pitfalls. We look forward to having you join us for this informative and engaging webinar.
Please CLICK HERE for a recording of this event.