Coronavirus in the Workplace and Families First Coronavirus Response Act
UPDATE: In addition to the topics listed below, we will provide detailed guidance on the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, which will impose sweeping changes to an employer’s obligations in the face of the COVID-19 national emergency, including a new paid sick leave mandate, an expansion of the Family and Medical Leave Act that includes a separate paid leave mandate, and tax credits for employers to cover the cost of such leave.
Please join Shawe Rosenthal and the Maryland Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern for a complimentary 90-minute webinar on Coronavirus in the Workplace. We will provide practical guidance to business owners, management and HR professionals on an employer’s legal obligations regarding issues such as:
- Responsibility for infection prevention and remediation in the workplace
- Employee travel – both work-related and personal
- Medical examinations and clearances
- Leave and telecommuting
- Pay requirements during employee absences/quarantines/office closures
- Unionized workforce issues
- Addressing employee concerns
- Developing and implementing a Coronavirus plan
You can click here to register. If you already registered for this event, no need to register.
The webinar has been approved for SHRM 1.50 PDC hours. Shawe Rosenthal LLP is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.