Webinar – "Essential Job Functions, Reasonable Accommodations & the ADA: Ensuring Compliance, Mitigating Risk."
May 19, 2017
On May 19, 2017, Fiona W. Ong and Lindsey White will be presenting a webinar on behalf of the Center for Competitive Management (C4CM), which provides consulting and training services to businesses, including in the human resources area. The Americans with Disabilities Act requires employers to provide disabled employees with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their job. Fiona and Lindsey will be discussing the legal issues and offering practical advice on:
- Factors used to determine the essential functions of a job
- Steps employers should take to clearly define and communicate that a function is essential now, before facing an accommodation request or Charge of Discrimination
- Whether essential job functions can change over time
- How to assess whether employees are qualified to perform the essential functions of a job, including the interactive process that should occur between the employer and employee or applicant
- How to explore and provide rasonable accommodations to enable employees or applicants to perform essential job functions
This 75-minute webinar begins at 2:00 p.m. Eastern. Attendees will also receive C4CM’s bestselling practice guide, “Crafting Legally Compliant Job Descriptions,” a $349 value. You may see the full invitation and registration information for this webinar by clicking on this link.